The Women’s Foundation of Arkansas is proud to launch the pilot year of our Tjuana Byrd Summer Internship Program, named after the Foundation’s first Black president. In partnership with Acxiom, Central Arkansas Water, L’Oreal and Windstream, we will be offering a 10-week summer internship program for women of color attending college in Arkansas and pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (finance & related majors included). Thanks to these four companies’ commitment to equity and generosity, the internship will pay $15-20 an hour*, provide free housing for the duration of the program, access to mentorship and networking events, and professional development workshops. Company executives have also agreed to participate in diversity, equity and inclusion training provided by the WFA prior to the program. Our internship program is intentionally designed to increase access to and representation in these fields for women of color in our state by eliminating barriers of cost, social capital, and location.
*dependent on company placement
Applications are no longer being accepted for 2021 program.
To stay up to date on deadlines for our 2022 program, please check back here and follow us on Facebook.
- Each company will host 4 interns and pay $15-20 an hour, depending on company
- Apartments will be provided by WFA for each company’s intern cohort for the duration of the program
- Weekly networking events will be hosted by partner companies & other community sponsors
- WFA will provide professional development workshops prior to and during the internship program
- Interns will receive the opportunity to present to each company at the end of the program
- The 10-week program will run from approximately May 24th to July 30th, 2021
Student eligible to apply will:
- Identify as a woman
- Be a person of color and/or of a minority race or ethnicity
- Pursuing a degree in the fields of science, technology, engineering, & math (finance & related majors included)
- Information on relevant majors per company & department is below
- Attending university in the state of Arkansas
- A rising junior, senior, or recent graduate (no sooner than May 2021)
Before applying, please read the company information below to learn more about which companies would be the best fit for your skills, education, and career goals.
For the application you will need:
- A copy of your resume
- Unofficial transcripts from all universities where you have completed coursework
- Two recommendations (preferably from someone familiar with you in an academic setting & another from someone familiar with you in a professional setting)
Applications are no longer being accepted.
Acxiom is a is a Conway, Arkansas-based database marketing company. The company collects, analyzes and sells customer and business information used for targeted advertising campaigns. Their job opportunities will give you the opportunity to showcase your talents, grow your skills, and expose you to cutting-edge technologies, whether you’re an engineer, developer, products guru, systems and security expert or an intern looking to gain real experience with a company that will make you stand out. Acxiom is only hosting rising juniors and seniors in college, not recent graduates. Acxiom is offering internships in the following departments:
· IT and Operations – these teams architect, engineer and operate our internal and client infrastructure, including cloud platform, and cybersecurity.
· Product/Engineering – these teams design, code, and test enterprise-scale data management products that solve marketing problems for our clients, which include nearly half of the Fortune 100.
· Delivery – these teams work closely with our clients through implementing new services and products, maintaining core offerings, and delivering world-class customer service by adhering to the best-in-class data privacy guidelines
Central Arkansas Water (CAW) is a company which mission is: to enhance the quality of life for Central Arkansas by delivering high-quality water and dependable service that exceed customer expectations; protecting and ensuring a long-term water supply for future generations; and serving as responsible stewards of public health, utility resources, and the environment. CAW is offering internships in the following departments:
- Water Quality
- Watershed Program (Biology & Environmental Science Majors recommended)
- Water Production (Biology & Chemistry Majors recommended)
- Information Systems
- Geographic Information Systems
- Finance (Finance & related majors recommended)
L’Oreal is the world’s largest cosmetics company and has developed activities in the field concentrating on hair color, skin care, sun protection, make-up, perfume, and hair care. Locally, their plant is located in North Little Rock. For all departments in which they are offering internships, they recommend engineering or supply chain majors. L’Oreal is offering internships in the following departments:
- Manufacturing Supply Chain
- Warehouse Operations
Windstream is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream is offering internships in the following departments:
- Finance (Finance & related majors recommended)
- Information Technology (Computer Science & Management Information Systems majors recommended)
If you have additional questions, please contact email@example.com