Girls of Promise®, an initiative of the Women’s Foundation of Arkansas, exposes girls to opportunities and mentors in STEAM fields. The initiative’s goal is to increase the number of girls in higher-level STEAM courses and careers to put them on the path to achieving economic security as women. The annual Girls of Promise® Conference is open to 8th-grade girls who are interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math in Arkansas! Students will learn about various STEAM careers, enhance their skills, and meet women mentors excelling in their fields. The conference was hosted on Friday, April 1, 2022 at the Arkansas 4-H Center. There was a virtual kickoff on Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 5:30-7:30 PM CST.
Applications for our 2022 Girls of Promise® Conference closed on Friday, January 28, 2022.
Information on How to Apply (Applications Closed Now)
- 1. Click on “Apply Here” button above.
- 2. Register for a free SurveyMonkey apply account (full name and email address).
- 3. Login to your email and verify email address for account. Click on “Confirm email address” button.
- 4. Begin Girls of Promise Conference 2022 application.
- 5. Fill out eligibility form and click on “mark as complete” button.
- 6. Fill out contact information form and click on “mark as complete” button.
- 7. Fill out application details form and click on “mark as complete” button.
- 8. Enter full name and email address of your teacher to submit a recommendation. Click on “Request a recommendation” button and then “send request” button.
- ***Teacher must submit a letter of recommendation before student can submit an application***
- 9. Upload two separate files with answers to the two essay questions.
- (1) What led to your interest in STEM? (Courses, activities, mentors/teachers/parents, or other experiences and interests)*
- (2) What is something you hope to gain from the experience of attending the Girls of Promise conference? *
- You may submit either a written, audio or video submission answering these two questions. Each question should be answered in 250 words or less.
- 10. Download the waiver form to sign and then upload.
- 11. Review application.
- 12. Submit application.
If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org